We are experienced in many types of sampling and
investigation techniques in support of site characterization, remediation, operation and
maintenance and industrial applications. An overview of our investigation experience is
- Installation of monitoring wells, recovery wells, piezometers and lysimeters using
hollow stem auger, mud rotary, air rotary and manual techniques.
- Development of wells using pumps and surge, surge block, air surge and bailing
- Groundwater sampling utilizing low-flow purging, direct push technology and bailing.
- Aquifer testing including slug tests, pump tests, and cone penetrometer testing.
- Water table and product level monitoring ranging from simple well gauging to advanced
pressure transducer and data logger networks.
|Surface and Sub-surface Soils:
- Conventional drilling with split spoon sampler, soil coring devices and Shelby Tubes.
- Hand auger sampling.
- Direct push technology with split spoon samplers.
- Cone penetrometer Testing with ROST for real time petroleum hydrocarbon
Experienced in sampling sediments in environments ranging from impoundments, rivers,
tidally influenced marshes, and estuaries utilizing the following equipment and
- Sample dredges and hand augers
- Custom built, vacuum assisted, sediment-coring devices.
- Vibracore sediment samplers.
- Working platforms utilized include barges, jon-boats, and inflatable rafts.
Experienced in sampling various materials including:
- Unknown, multi-phase materials in drums and tanks.
- Wipe sampling.
- Surface waters.
- Landfill gas
- Breathing and ambient air sampling.
- Tedlar bag sampling.
Other investigative techniques include:
Global Positioning Systems.
Troxler soil density testing.